IHS ROMANIA SRL is a company with limited liability, established in 1994. Operating both in Romania and in countries from Eastern Europe, Africa and Asia, the company's mission is directed towards strengthening the management capacity of local and central government in the field of urban and regional development through consultancy services, training and research.
Expertise and services
IHS Romania has consolidated its experience in the field of urban and regional management – with focus on aspects of integrated sustainable planning, spatial planning, land and housing, methods and techniques of communication and involvement of local communities in development projects, urban and regional marketing, preservation and promotion of natural and built heritage, institutional development for public organizations, financial viability analysis of urban projects and planning documents. Services provided include:
- consultancy activities for public administration in projects for urban and county socio-economic development, in projects dealing with the rehabilitation of conservation areas and with management of public domain of towns and cities;
- coordination of projects funded by international agencies and implemented in Romania or in countries around the Black Sea;
- training programs, exchange of experience, Master's programs for students and local government representatives from Romania and South-Eastern Europe, programs held in Romania and within IHS/Erasmus in Rotterdam;
- formulation of integrated strategies and action plans for the implementation of projects financed by the EU structural funds, and by international agencies;
- elaboration of diagnosis and territorial analysis studies, research papers and publication in the field of urban and regional planning.
IHS Romania has implemented projects funded by local and central governments in Romania and by international agencies: European Union, World Bank, UNDP, UN-Habitat, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in The Netherlands, GIZ, USAID, Swiss Development Corporation, etc.
In Romania, the consultancy activities have addressed local and central public authorities, such as: the Ministry of Regional Development, the municipalities of Alba Iulia, Bacau, Baia Mare, Bucharest, Campina, Cluj, Mangalia, Oradea, Ploiesti, Sibiu, Timisoara, Tirgu Jiu, Tulcea, Vatra Dornei, Brașov Metropolitan Area, Baia Mare Urban System, Ploiesti- Prahova Growth Pole, Oradea Metropolitan Area, Alba and Bacau counties, as well as rural municipalities and Local Action Groups in Calarasi county.
Internationally, IHS Romania has participated in the formulation of cities strategies for sustainable development, marketing strategies, along with training programs for municipalities in Eastern and South Eastern Europe - in Moldova Republic, Georgia, Armenia, Bosnia Herzegovina, Serbia, Albania, and also in Uganda and Myanmar.